Making bead jewellery at home
Whether you’re on the lookout for a new hobby or perhaps a small business venture, making bed jewellery at home is great past time. If you’re a naturally creative person you’ll flourish making your own jewellery and learning the skill involved.
Making bead jewellery at home is a great way of relaxing or can be the beginning of a new business venture. There are a few basics you’ll need if you’re a beginner and these include:
– A beginner’s guide book or set of beading patterns – these are essential to understanding how to put together the initial beading designs that you can start with.
– Beads – you can find specific beads in many different places: craft shops, bric-a-brac stores or most easily online.
– Jewellery accessories – from clasps to wires, these are the essential bits and pieces you’ll need to turn a string of beads into a necklace or bracelet you can actually wear.
– Wire cutters – specifically designed jewellery wire cutters are available so you can complete your work at a precise and exact level.
– Crimping pliers – these allow you to precisely and deftly shape crimp beads for your jewellery.
Another decision you need to make it based on the space you have available to begin your hobby. It can be nice to set up a special crafting area but in the early days this can seem like a bit of an extreme move and you may be better opting for a more portable and convenient place to work from. Step up Trabasack! The innovative lap tray and bag which can easily and comfortably be used as a craft tray for making your jewellery at home. With a cushioned base and hard tray surface you can conveniently complete your beading whilst sat in front of the TV or anywhere else you may choose. Also, as your Trabasack is a bag too you can store all your accessories and tools inside when they’re not in use – ideal!
If you’re considering taking up beaded jewellery making, you should definitely consider a Trabasack as your work space and be sure to get all the bits and pieces you require!